All of the decisions I have taken in my working life have been based around a genuine interest in people and relationships. Prior to professionally retraining as a counsellor, I spent 15 years working in the private and public sectors as a senior manager at PriceWaterhouse Coopers and more recently, The City of London Corporation. That time has given me valuable personal insight into the importance of managing the pressures of work, life, family and emotional needs to maintain a healthy balance. I often draw on my own life experiences to gain a genuine understanding of others’ challenges without judgment.
I am passionate about good health. The body is a great guide to how you feel and I believe a healthy body nurtures a healthy mind. I practice mindfulness and try to live in the now every day. I have worked to accept myself as I am and I value honesty and the courage it takes to be true to yourself.
How do I work?
My emphasis is on the quality of our counselling relationship and talking about whatever you feel the need to express. I will listen and accept what you have to say while encouraging you to look at your problems honestly. It is not my role to judge you or tell you what to do. I will help you to gain more of an understanding and acceptance of your life and explore the different choices you have. This may make you feel uncomfortable but I am here to support you throughout this process.
To do this I draw upon some approaches that I have found helpful for people;
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – focusing on how your negative thoughts may be impacting how you feel and behave
- Solution Focused – exploring your strengths to help you achieve the changes you want to make
- Mindfulness – concentrating your attention on what is going on in the ‘here and now’ including paying attention to your breathing to release negative thoughts, feelings and tension
- Creativity – sometimes words may be difficult and you may find it helpful to use pictures or draw how you feel
- FdSc Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Interpersonal Skills
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Helping Skills
- NCFE level 3 award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Greenwich University
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Politics
- Distinction in Workplace Mediation
- Freedom of the City of London
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist. Registered Member MBACP (Accred). This means my work has been assessed and met the higher standard of competence as an ethical and independent practitioner.
Please click here to see my BACP Certificate of Registration.
Please click here to see my BACP Certificate of Accreditation.